Welcome to another month of Bloggers’ Homes and to spring! Thank you to all who linked up last month and to those who continually tag on Instagram and Twitter… Scroll to the bottom to find out who won last months voucher and to also link up your home related post, vlogs or insta snaps for this month. For now I’m going to hand you over to the lovely Charlotte from Candidly Rhubarb who is going to show us around her amazing bedroom…
Tell us a bit about your home and who you live with (when did you move in, what condition the house was in, any family or pets living with you)?
I live in our home with my husband, our three children and a menagerie of pets including, most recently, DogDog the goldendoodle puppy. We moved in about two and a half years ago, following a failed bid to move to my husband’s home town of Hertford. My northern heart couldn’t deal with the price difference down there, so we ended up back in Yorkshire after a 6 month hiatus. The house was brand new when we moved in, but that hasn’t stopped me working on it ever since.
You have the most gorgeous interiors style… Where do you take your inspirations from?
Style wise, I have very eclectic tastes. Originally, I wanted a house that was all white, bright and airy; but we’ve recently embraced the dark side and I’ve found myself getting more and more adventurous. I tend to find most of my inspiration from looking at other people’s houses on Instagram. Everything we do, we do on a tight budget, but I feel braver now and much more confident with my own abilities to create a space that I’m happy with; even when it’s created using pieces of furniture that I’ve up cycled, or found hidden away in the back of outlet stores.
What do you love most about the room?
This is the second time we’ve done our bedroom and I finally love it! It’s cosy, welcoming and a place that I enjoy spending time (ideally without the children!). It’s the finishing touches that make it, for me. It feels lived in, but still a stylish space that makes me happy.
Would there be anything you would change about the room?
If I were to do anything different, it would be to take out the tv area and replace it with a dressing table, but the practicalities of watching CBeebies in bed at 6am, outweigh my desire for somewhere comfortable to do my make up, right now.
Do you have any renovation projects for 2018?
As for 2018, there are big plans. It never seems to stop when you have a growing family to accommodate. We plan to put our two youngest in together and create a haven for our daughter that has space for sleepovers and somewhere that she can sit and do her schoolwork. This will also involve a rejig of the spare room and also the playroom as we shimmy all of our furniture around. So maybe 2019 will be the year we can finally relax and enjoy our home!
Get The Look
1. Pink & Blue abstract art – Etsy £10.80 // 2. Hygge Print – Desenio £2.95 // 3. Wall Mirror Full Length – Argos £71.99 // 4. Copper Bedside Lamp – Made.com £69 // 5. Pink Waffle Throw – Dunelm £20 // 6. Black Bird – Scandinavian Design Centre £27 // 7. Pink Macrame Wall Hanging – Etsy £26.29 // 8. Quotes print – Desenio £5.95
BLOGGERS’ HOMES LINK UP…
The Bloggers’ Homes link up opens on the 1st of every month and is open until the 24th of each month (10pm GMT) for you to link up your homes & garden related blogs/vlogs & Insta snaps…old & new!
Each month a winner will be selected at random to win a £30 voucher for Rockett St George. The winner will be notified on their link up email and also announced on the following months Bloggers’ Homes.
Last Month’s winner is number 1 (To Become Mum) Well done… Your voucher will be dropping into your email soon!
Link Up Rules…
1. All you have to do is link up your homes blogs, vlogs OR instagram snaps, old or new (for fairness…no more than 2 please!) To get your insta snap URL, tap the 3 dots top right of the image.
2. Entries must paste either a text link or add the badge below to your blog post, or pop a text link in your vlog description OR mention #BLOGGERSHOMES with @lifewithmuncher in your instagram snap caption.
3. Don’t forget to share some blog/vlog/Insta love with others who have linked up, by popping by and commenting and if tweeting or instagramming, use the #bloggershomes for a retweet or like. I round up favourite snaps weekly on my instagram feed each Sunday around 6pm.
4. When you link up, you will receive an email notification to your link email address for future Bloggers’ Homes posts, so you will never miss out when the link up goes live each month…good luck!!